I was recently looking at some other travel blogs and came across one that I really enjoyed and wanted to share. Hey Nadine is a travel/lifestyle blog done by a travel vlogger, videographer, and blogger named Nadine Sykora. She covers everything from travel tips to beauty + lifestyle, plus she has a comedy youtube channel.
In my opinion travel blogs can quickly start to seem like they are all the same, most generally have the same kind of posts. It’s difficult to make your blog stand out of the others. Nadine did a great job at doing just that. Many things can help differentiate a blog from all the rest, 2 things major things stood out to me when reading this blog.
The first thing is the diversity in content. She tells stories from her past adventures, talks about places she wants to go, gives tips and recommendations for others, and shares nutritional, beauty and fashion advice. She has one post where she gives fitness tips while traveling, I thought that was really cool because that’s something that I struggle with and found her tips really helpful.
The second thing was the layout and style of her website. The homepage of a blog is the very first thing you see, and in most cases if the website doesn’t stand out to you you aren’t going to stay on the website very long. Nadine’s website is put together great, everything is easy to find and navigate. She also has a lot of beautiful pictures throughout her website. Her blog really catches your eye from the jump.
I’m really glad I stumbled across her blog. Not only is it very entertaining and informative, but it has also inspired me. I can only hope that one day my blog is anything like hers!
You can also follow her on Instagram& Twitter username is @heynadine!
I have been lucky enough to have traveled to Barcelona twice now. The first time was the summer of 2015 and the second was the summer of 2016. If you haven’t had the opportunity to travel here let me be the first to tell you, this city is not hard to fall in love with. People travel from all around the world to experience the beauty and environment that Barcelona has to offer. Here are 7 reasons why Barcelona is the best city in the world:
- Las Ramblas – Las Ramblas is the most famous street in Barcelona. It is filled with life, color and excitement. It’s lined with different vendors selling food, clothing, art, ect.
- The Beaches – The city has several different beaches to choose from, Barcelona, Nova Icaria, Bogatell, Mar Bella, and Stiges.. whichever you chose you won’t regret.
- The Food – It’s a fact that the best restaurants and chefs in the world come from Barcelona. The cuisine is various and amazing. There is much more than the famous dish, Paella.
- The night life – I promise you’ve never really partied till you’ve partied in Barcelona. There is a party everywhere. Once the sun goes down it’s a never-ending party for the whole city.
- The Football Team – The football (soccer) team is the heart of this city. The team represents the whole region. Everyone loves Barca. Messi, Neymar and the team members are heroes in the cities eyes.
- The Weather – The weather in Barcelona is literally never bad. The sun is practically always shining, with weather like that it’s hard not to be happy!
- The Architecture – There is beautiful architecture everywhere you look, from Sagrada Famila to Park Guell. Most of the city’s architectural wonders are designed by the famous architect Antonio Guadi.
The bottom line is this city is an exciting, beautiful and unique place. If you still aren’t convinced Barcelona is the best place on the earth then you’ll just have to go there and experience it for yourself!
Aside from most likely having the time of your life and making memories that last a lifetime, there are endless benefits that traveling allows you to have. I have come up with 3 of the most important things you gain from traveling:
In my opinion this is the most important and life changing thing gained from traveling. Being away from home and away from all the things your used to opens a brand-new way of thinking. It allows us to come up with our own views on things.
Not everyone around the world is a fortunate as most of us are. As college student, I find myself complaining about little things such as school, money, etc. It’s easy to forget that college is a privilege that a lot of people around the world don’t get to experience. Having an awareness of how other people live not only allows us think differently about our lives but to be more grateful.
While traveling, you are away from your normal support system which gives you the opportunity to see what you are capable of doing yourself. Traveling allows you to develop yourself in ways that wouldn’t be able to without stepping out of your comfort zone.
Hi! My name is Tallie, I’m currently a student at Texas State University studying Public Relations. I plan on doing a blog on traveling as a college student. Over my life I have traveled around Europe, Australia, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Canada. Most recently I spent a month in Barcelona, Spain through a study abroad program.
Traveling not only opens up a world of opportunities, but exposes you to different cultures, people and experiences that you never knew existed. Traveling can literally change a person, it changes your perspective on life and the world. Traveling teaches you things that a book never could.
Many people will argue that traveling during college isn’t a good idea because you have to many responsibilities or should be focusing on school and that’s it. Throughout this blog I will explore the reasons why right now is the best time to go. I want to show college students like myself how important it is to travel at this time in our lives and hopefully give them tips on on how to make it possible.